Sydney Anglican Schools Corporation - Standard Collection Notice
1. Sydney Anglican Schools Corporation (both independently and through its Schools) collects personal information, including sensitive information about pupils and parents or guardians before and during the course of a pupil's enrolment at the School. This may be in writing or in the course of conversations. The primary purpose of collecting this information is to enable the School to provide schooling for your son/daughter and to enable them to take part in all the activities of the School.
2. Some of the information we collect is to satisfy the School's legal obligations, particularly to enable the School to discharge its duty of care.
3. Certain laws governing or relating to the operation of schools require that certain information is collected. These include Public Health and Child Protection laws.
4. Health information about pupils is sensitive information within the terms of the National Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act. We ask you to provide medical reports about pupils from time to time.
5. If we do not obtain the information referred to above we may not be able to enrol or continue the enrolment of your son/daughter.
6. The School from time to time discloses personal and sensitive information to others for administrative and educational purposes. This includes to other schools, government departments and agencies, medical practitioners, and people providing services to the School, including specialist visiting teachers, coaches, volunteers and counsellors.
7. In addition to the agencies and purposes cited at 6 above personal information relating to students and parents may also be made available, in accordance with Australian Government requirements, to ACARA for the purpose of publishing certain school information relating to the circumstances of parents and students on the MySchool website.
8. The School from time to time may also collect and disclose personal information about current or prospective students in accordance with the Education Act or child protection legislation.
9. Personal information collected from pupils is regularly disclosed to their parents or guardians. On occasions, information such as academic and sporting achievements, pupil activities and other news is published in School newsletters, magazines and on our website.
12. As you may know the School from time to time engages in fundraising activities. Information received from you may be used to make an appeal to you. It may also be disclosed to organisations that assist in the School's fundraising activities solely for that purpose. We will not disclose your personal information to third parties for their own marketing purposes without your consent.
13. On occasions information such as academic and sporting achievements, pupil activities and similar news is published in School newsletters and magazines and on our website.
14. We may include pupils’ and pupils’ parents’ contact details in a class list and School directory.
15. If you provide the School with the personal information of others, such as doctors or emergency contacts, we encourage you to inform them that you are disclosing that information to the School and why, that they can access that information if they wish and that the School does not usually disclose the information to third parties.
16. The School may utilise service providers to provide certain services including data storage to the school and its staff and students. The School may provide your personal information to such service providers in connection with the provision of these services. The School’s email service provider may store and process emails outside Australia. The School’s service provider may also store data outside Australia.
Sydney Anglican Schools Corporation - Standard Collection Notice 2014 page 1 of 1